The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde not recognizing existing users after cPanel / Perl / Apache upgrades.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sourcesound, Oct 18, 2007.

1. sourcesound

sourcesound Member

Hello,

I'm new to this forumn and have a problem that was created after and upgrade of system and server software. All email accounts are still intact and still function properly. I am able to add new accounts no problem. I can log into Horde, and see my existing calendars, notes and tasks from existing users just fine, but, i can not modify a single one of them. It tells me that the user that I am logged in with is not found:

"There was an error accessing the calendar: xxxxxxxx not found." (where xxxxxxxx is the username that I am logged in with).

Related to this issue, is that fact that every time I log in, Horde tells me that I hvae never logg in before... and resets any of the options that I had set in my previous session.

On a last and possibly related note, in the tasks and notes sections, the New Task and New Notes buttons are missing.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks,

Tom

2. sourcesound

sourcesound Member

Apparently I have posted this in the wrong section? Or no one has come across this?

Was not able to find any solution, had to do a completely fresh install... and lose all my tables... I did make a backup up of the tables, but, am having trouble getting the rebuild to link up to the old tables.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If I have posted this in the warong area, or incorrectly, please let me know.

Tom

3. claudio

claudio Well-Known Member

i have one machine that old customers can log in horde but new email accounts created after cpanel 11 upgrade cannot ?

should i upcp --force again?

i am on stable

4. claudio

i found this:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=63943&highlight=horde+error+cpanel+update

but i did the restore from mysql horde temporary table and it is not with that loop in the language page anymore

it keeps in the language page but now it says that this new accounts have wrong password

the old accounts keep working well but the new ones i tried to recreate then but it seems with this issue...

any other alternatives?

5. claudio

found the solution here:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=70153&highlight=horde+language+login

guyu
    Registered User Join Date: Jan 2007

Experiencing exactly the same problem as described above, for both squirrelmail and horde.

-edit

fixed by doing:

mv /etc/vmail /etc/vmail-old
    /scripts/updateuserdomains

/etc/vmail did not contain entries for newly created domains

had to edit updateuserdomains as it would just exit without
    rebuilding /etc/vmail with "deprecated mbox in use" error.