The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde problem (address book / calendar migration / adding new contact / opening bulky

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hodfords, Jan 18, 2007.

1. hodfords

hodfords Active Member

Hi everybody,

Recently we've set up a new server using "WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R94 CentOS 4.4 x86_64 - WHM X v3.1.0"

And we migrate some of the existing accounts from "WHM 9.9.8 cPanel 9.9.8-C118 Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0" to this new server, using WHM command "Copy an account from another server", everything seems fine except Horde

We found that none of the calendar events nor address books have been migrated.

In addition, The New contact addition script behaves unstably. Sometimes can add contact but sometimes it return an error page and will add duplicate entries after "Back/Refresh" action of Internet Browser.

Furthermore, Horde failed in opening bulky emails, usually with attachment larger then 3MB, the same email can successfully be opened in squirremail, Outlook express and netvigator's webmail (forwarder added to a netvigator's email)

Having tried to upgrade Horde to 3.1.3 by running the following script:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/update-horde --force
    but the situation persists.

To be frank we are quite disappointed about this version of horde. Can anyone shed some light on this ?

with great thanks!

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The part about migrating accounts to another server is an old bug in cPanel.

The other part about adding a New Account I'm not aware of. Are there any errors displayed when that happens? If you have the error log enabled (/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/config/conf.php look for the entry: $conf['log']['enabled'] set it to true), what does it show there?

3. hodfords

hodfords Active Member

Hi Kenneth,

Regarding to the migrating issues, what can we do to this old bug ? or we have to migrate those events and turba objects through database ? chunks of INSERT sql statement ?

When I try to add new contacts to any accounts through horde through 2095, everytime it returns either "no such page" or "action cancelled" page. But it seems fine in 2096. Also just found 2095 works fine on Firefox, but not IE, seems wired. Will PM you and testing accounts soon. See if it can help finding solutions.

But for bulky word attachment, it always return the "action cancelled" page (both 2095 / 2096) each time when I click on the email (either subject or sender name), its really strange ...

I've set $conf['log']['enabled'] to true, but where can I find the log file ?

Please advise.

Thanks.

4. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    For now yes, you'll need a custom solution.

That's odd, only in that I expected the reverse since IE often has problems with SSL. There maybe something wonky with the server config (Horde, PHP or Apache) that causes this.

The log file is usually created in /tmp. i think the file name is /tmp/horde_loginname.log but just look for anything in /tmp that starts with horde:
    Code:
    ls -l /tmphorde*

5. hodfords

hodfords Active Member

Have you tried the testing account I pm-ed you ? It is weird the problem exists only in non-SSL IE (2095). It seems apache does nothing to cpanel web service (2082,2083,2095,2096) and we've comparing 2 servers' phpinfo and found that in new server we don't have Imap-ssl and imap-kerberos support, while we cannot add such support through both WHM and /scripts/easyapache. And what can we do the config Horde ? Please advise.

I am sorry that I cannot find any similar code by doing the following in addiiton what you have suggested
    Code:
    ls -l /tmp/horde*
    updatedb
    locate *horde*log*

Any other means I can find those log ?

6. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I didn't experience any problems with adding a new contact with the account you supplied. Apache is not related to the WHM/cPanel services, Apache only handles publishing of user content.

7. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To get the log to generate, try raising the reporting level. Again in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/config/conf.php Change the following:

Code:
    $conf['log']['priority'] = PEAR_LOG_WARN;

//change to
    $conf['log']['priority'] = PEAR_LOG_DEBUG;

Is there a specific contact that always generates the blank page? For example, the name or email address. I've tried several different scenarios but have been unable to replicate it, which makes me think it's something very specific. If you could provide one or more examples of contacts that generate this problem it would help narrow down the issue.

8. Secmas

Secmas Well-Known Member

Hi Kenneth,
    it is the same for my customers and me. All of us when we try to add a new contact it shows the same errors.

Do you think it is an update issue? If so, how may I update HORDE php files? Also, is ok to do an updated without loosing any of my customers info?

Regards,
    Sergio

9. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Horde hasn't been updated in several months, nor have we changed our configuration of it, which means nothing gets changed in the Horde configuration during a /scripts/upcp. There is a script in /usr/local/cpanel/bin/ I think it's update-horde, or something similar, that will backup the database, drop the database and fully re-install horde. It might fix the issue. If it does then 99% likel thte problem was database releated (e.g. corrupted table).

10. Secmas

Secmas Well-Known Member

I think this is somenthing related to Internet Explorer because if I do the samething with FireFox everything works perfectly, no errors at all.

Due to this, do you think it is worth it to do a forced update of Horde? or as the slogan says "if it is not broken why to break it"?

Regards,
    Sergio

11. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If it's browser specific, then updating horde won't do anything helpful.

Does IE have the same problem via SSL and non-SSL access?

Which version of IE?

Are you using self-signed certificates with SSL, or do you have a 3rd party SSL certificate (only relevant if the problem occurs with SSL)?

Are you using the internal cPanel php binary, or the system PHP binary (if you don't know the answer to this then you are using the cPanel binary)?

Which version of cPanel?

Which Operating System?

Given those answers, I'll allocate some time to reproducing this. Thank you.

12. Secmas

Secmas Well-Known Member

Thankyou Kenneth,
    here are my answers:

Does IE have the same problem via SSL and non-SSL access?
    YES, even that I am not using SSL to enter into webmail. But I did it connect thru SSL port but the same error shows.

Which version of IE?
    I have tried with 6 and new 7, same error (using different computers).

Are you using self-signed certificates with SSL, or do you have a 3rd party SSL certificate (only relevant if the problem occurs with SSL)?
    no, I am not using a SSL.

Are you using the internal cPanel php binary, or the system PHP binary (if you don't know the answer to this then you are using the cPanel binary)?
    I assume, cPanel php binary, I have not modified anything regarding this in my system.

Which version of cPanel?
    cPanel 10.9.0-C134

Which Operating System?
    RedHat Enterprise 4 i686

Regards,
    Sergio