The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde problem with setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stormspotter, Jun 16, 2005.

1. stormspotter

stormspotter Registered

I have a client with cPanel on one server and mysql on a separate server. When I try to run Horde, I always get a message about a "Fatal Error". Looking at /tmp/horde_1003.log, I can see Horde is trying to connect to mysql on the cPanel server instead of the MySQL server.

Following the trail of files from /scripts/fullhordereset to /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updatehorde and then /usr/local/cpanel/bin/real-updatehorde I can see it tries to locate the mysql host with the following command:

Code:
    mh=`grep ^host /root/.my.cnf | awk -F= '{ print $2 }'`
    This returns the correct ip address for the mysql server, but when I run /scripts/fullhordereset, the script outputs the same Fatal Error from Horde that I get when I try to go to it in my web browser. Reloading Horde in my browser still adds the same message to /tmp/horde_1003.log indicating that it's trying to connect to mysql on the cPanel server instead of the MySQL server.

Does anyone know a way I can get this setup to work? BTW - Squirrelmail is working great with this same setup.

TIA,
    Jacob

2. JamesSmith

JamesSmith Well-Known Member

We are having the same issue. I have submitted a ticket to CPanel regarding it.

3. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Hey Stormspotter,
    can you tell me the ownership assigned to /tmp/horde_1003.log file ??

If it's to root change it to cpanel and give it a try. May be it can solve the problem for you.