The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manumm, Jan 14, 2004.

1. manumm

manumm Registered

Hello my customers get this message when try to access horde webmail.

Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/config/horde.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/:.') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Registry.php on line 588

some idea about this problem?

Thx :)

2. bear

bear Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You really should use the search function on this forum. This has been answered before, many times.

CHOWN -R cpanel:cpanel /usr/local/base/horde

It's likely caused by this directory (or at least some of the files) being owned by root instead of cpanel.

3. MichaelShanks

MichaelShanks Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

its actually

chown -R cpanel:cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde

4. whitehat

whitehat Member

Well, I have spent the last several days searchng for answers for the many, many problems Cpanel and WHM have inherently built in them.

Nothing personal, Bear, but I can understand the impatience of some, who, like myself, are wearing out from searching all over the place for answers, spending countless wasted searches on these forums and google searches and WHT forums and several others trying to find those solutions.

Approaching the limit of my tolerance threshold with Cpanel and WHM, I feel like I have been Marlin Perkins of "Cpanel and WHM's Wild Kingdom", on cyber-safari hunting for rare answers that hide in the dense rain forest of threads.

The redundant questions could be minimized if Cpanel would offer its own STD's (Solved Dilemma Topics) by creating a FSQ (Frequently Solved Questions) forum or subforum, where the resolutions could be catalogued. It sure would make life a lot easier for new (and old) users when solutions have been already determined, which should reduce the number of repeat inquiries. The present forum structure is a PITA.

Just my two cents worth.

5. whitehat

whitehat Member

btw, Bear...

What got me to this thread in the first place was my searching for the answer to the Horde situation.

I didn't mean to appear ungrateful... Thank you for your answer.

6. whitehat

whitehat Member

oh yes, ...right...

I know this has gone off topic, but I forgot about that page because:

the answers are only available by a Javascript-enabled browser;

the 'Date Added' column is almost impossible to read with light-grey text on a white background;

the font is non-scalable due to the hard-coding (At least this message box has black text on white. It's some help considering the miniscule-sized font size). But then, that's a problem across the entire site.

the new answer window opens halfway off the page because it is preset to open at a default of "height=500, width=800, left=200, top=100", which is oversized and misaligned. One is forced to drag it across the screen just to find the boxes with which to resize it and close it;

then once you finally align the answer window, more Hubble-readable-only-sized text on a page that is html-coded "body bgcolor="#367E8E" text=white". Gotta love the color combo (<-tongue is in cheek) Does someone here have stock in an eyewear company?

Yes, good content is there, but it is brutal to get to and to get through.

Very bad html coding and design. I prefer functional over cute when I'm at a tech site. But what would I know... I'm only an end user.

I'm not usually this much of a curmudgeon... but then, it is 3 a.m. and I'm still fixing Cpanel/WHM install issues. End of off topic.