New Thread Horde removal in version 108

acadiasys

Sep 30, 2020
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thank you, I do have some users that are resistant to change and this is sure to be a thorn in my side. I do understand the reasoning and prefer they be using RC anyway.

We are currently set to RELEASE, if I was to switch to STABLE will that give my users a bit more time to acclimate to RC?

Also, is it safe to say the migration from Horde (contacts and calendar) to RC is full operational if this is in EDGE?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Moving to Stable would definitely give you the most time to put off that change as that is the last version it'll get pushed to. While I'm not sure when that will be, it will be sometime before the end of this year if everything goes as planned.

The Horde -> Roundcube migration tools are the one thing keeping Edge from being pushed through the tiers right now, as they are not quite complete yet.

Reactions: acadiasys

IdleServ

Oct 27, 2003
How much time will the STABLE release buy us?

We have a lot of users who still use Horde and I've only just now seen the warning in WHM. Why is there no warning to end users in cPanel/Webmail?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's always a tough call as to how many warnings we put in the interface, and where they get displayed. Usually when we do that, there is backlash from admins and users as some people think it's too confusing or intrusive.

108 is likely going to move to Current as soon as the Horde migration tools are ready, which I would expect to be within the next few weeks. I would plan on it making it to the Stable tier by the end of the year.