New Thread Horde removal in version 108

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

This regression will certainly cause headaches and cPanel always insisted calendar and contacts will be migrated:

But that's sadly not the case : (

Also, I'm not the lead developer on the project but I know you can connect CardDAV to Roundcube, eg. with the roundcube/carddav package. I would really appreciate you consider taking the necessary steps to keep the "business as usual" promise when switching to Roundcube.

Last but not least, I understand cPanel uses a specific PHP version but could you consider using Cloudlinux's supported PHP version for users who have Cloudlinux to be able to keep Horde? I understand that would require some changes, at least, that would prevent a regression and buy your team more time to deliver on the promise.

Calendars and Contacts will be migrated, and sharing calendars will still function. The only feature that will no longer be usable is shared contacts. We are looking at the possibility of including this functionality within CCS or Roundcube, but it will not be immediate, and I hesitate to make promises in that area. I do understand that this is something that is important to you and many others. It was a business decision to stop using Horde for the reasons I listed above. Without taking into account the potential vulnerability of its PHP support (and lack thereof), there is also the fact that the product is no longer under active development, meaning any issues or problems with it will not be resolved, including security concerns, we cannot in good conscience continue to support the product.

kedarbhise

Registered
Jan 31, 2023
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Calendars and Contacts will be migrated, and sharing calendars will still function. The only feature that will no longer be usable is shared contacts. We are looking at the possibility of including this functionality within CCS or Roundcube, but it will not be immediate, and I hesitate to make promises in that area. I do understand that this is something that is important to you and many others. It was a business decision to stop using Horde for the reasons I listed above. Without taking into account the potential vulnerability of its PHP support (and lack thereof), there is also the fact that the product is no longer under active development, meaning any issues or problems with it will not be resolved, including security concerns, we cannot in good conscience continue to support the product.
I would also like to vote for the shared address book feature.
At this time, the users for my organization use it via email clients like Thunderbird, and find it very useful to store contacts that would be useful to the entire organization. At the least, it serves as a directory of users in the organization.

Please include this functionality within Roundcube.

Reactions: cPRex