The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde screwed up after update today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by appcomm, Aug 7, 2005.

1. appcomm

appcomm Active Member

I am running WHM 10.1.0 cPanel 10.2.0-S83
    RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Today I ran the ./upcp script to update. Had been holding off on this as I knew the new Horde would be installed and wanted to alert customers first. So today was the today for the update and once it was finished - Horde is now not operating properly. I can login without any problem but I get a screen with the Horde blue header bar at the top with icons for Home, Layout, Options, Help.

There is NO left hand navigation showing, although the frame is showing there (blank).
    There are NO icons that will allow me to go to mail, etc. If I go to OPTIONS and DISPLAY OPTIONS, I have it set to open HORDE as the default application upon login (tried setting it to mail with the same, blank results). Also have it selected to show the Horde Menu on the Left. Have unchecked and saved, checked and saved again with the same results...no nav bar. So in summary, I can login to Horde but after that point, can't see anything like an in-box or menu nav.

Sooooo, I ran the following in this order, as suggested elsewhere:

1) /scripts/updatenow
    2) /scripts/upcp --force
    3) /scripts/fullhordereset
    4) /scripts/fixwebmail
    5) /scripts/resethorde
    6) Repair Horde database through WHM

STILL the same thing after all that. Can login to Horde, but I get a blank body area and no navigation to go to Inbox, etc.

Errors noted:

When I run ./upcp --force, everything appears to go ok, except for the following which references Horde:
    mv: cannot move `/usr/local/cpanel/./base/horde/imp/config/conf.php' to `/usr/local/cpanel/./base/horde/imp/config/conf.php.unlink': Operation not permitted
    mv: cannot move `/usr/local/cpanel/./base/horde/imp/config/conf.php-cpanelsync' to `/usr/local/cpanel/./base/horde/imp/config/conf.php': Operation not permitted

When I run ./fixwebmail, I get the following:chown: failed to get attributes of `/usr/local/etc/cpanel/base/webmail/data': No such file or directory
    chmod: failed to get attributes of `/usr/local/etc/cpanel/base/webmail/data': No such file or directory

As I have a fairly large number of users who will be calling me if they can't get to their webmail (Horde) in the morning, any words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I've just been checking what you've posted here, particularly the errors, to see if I can spot anything on my system that I could suggest.

So far the only thing I've noticed is that /usr/local/etc/cpanel/base/webmail/data doesn't exist for me either, and that's with Horde working fine, so that's probably just a red herring.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

/usr/local/cpanel/./base/horde/imp/config/conf.php should be owned by cpanel:cpanel and have permissions of 0700, according to my correctly working Horde.

Neither /usr/local/cpanel/./base/horde/imp/config/conf.php.unlink nor /usr/local/cpanel/./base/horde/imp/config/conf.php-cpanelsync exist on my system, so I presume that they are used only in the update process and, at your own risk, can probably be deleted if they exist.

Lastly /usr/local/cpanel/./base/horde/imp/config/ should be owned by cpanel:cpanel and have permissions of 0755.

You could also check that the system user 'cpanel' is set up correctly, as some odd changes to this user recently caused me some problems.

Code:
    grep ^cpanel /etc/passwd
    This should show you cpanel's user id and group id.

Code:
    grep cpanel /etc/group
    This should give you the group "cpanel"'s group id. This should be the group id used by the user 'cpanel'.

That should cover the basics of any permissions issues, which may well be the cause.

4. appcomm

appcomm Active Member

Thanks for the assistance!

The Cpanel User and Group ID seem to be matching up properly.

For conf.php, I have found the following:

- will not accept a MV command. Results in:

Code:
    mv: cannot move `conf.php' to `safety/conf.php': Operation not permitted
    - will not accept a CHMOD command. Results in:

Code:
    chmod: changing permissions of `conf.php': Operation not permitted
    - WILL allow me to CP the conf.php to another directory. After the copy, I can CHMOD, MV, etc. without a problem.

Any ideas on why the active conf.php won' t allow any operations to be performed on it?

Thanks again for your help.

5. appcomm

appcomm Active Member

Found the problem. CONF.PHP was set to write protect. Removed that and ran the update again and all is well.

6. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    chattr -i the file, and then run /scripts/upcp --force