Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Horde / Security TMP or Apache Issue?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by claudio, Sep 3, 2004.

1. claudio

claudio Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

Well i´ve just mounted my tmp partition as noexec,nosuid, etc...

During this i deleted all tmp files except .mysql_sock@

And i´ve just re-complile apache with GD library, everything looks like fine

But now i realize HORDE isnt able to login (neither squirell)

Well i also disable cpimap service ( disable = yes) in order to improve an extra security to my server...

I searched and followed every hints of this forum cp impad from 3rdparty to /usr/sbin
    mysql horde, resethorde, fullhordereset, enable cpimap and restar xinetd again and nothing

Is horde not working because i disable the cpimap ?
    Is something missing in the /tmp when i deleted its content?
    should i upgrade cpanel again?
    Should i re-complile apache again? if so what should i mark as checked, last time i included gd library?

Thanks to all of you

Claudio

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

why would you disable IMAP which horde/squirellmail uses? It is needed for imap service on the box.

3. claudio

claudio Well-Known Member

Thanks for this fast answer

Well, i just disable = yes the cpimap because i saw in this forum a guide to cpanel´s security
    were is told to disable xinetd - to keep telnet off line would improve security according to then...

Can you please give me a clue?

Best Regards
    Claudio

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...