The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde showing other mailbox after maldir conversion for main account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sukil, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. sukil

    sukil Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2005
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Hi,

    After conversion to Maildir only one account that was only using 250MB out of 1000MB is having a problem. The hosting account had 2 email accounts - the main one used as catchall by the client and another one. After conversion, when the client logs into Horde for the main account it shows the email contents of the other account. Additionally, the emails being shown are the ones that the other mailbox had prior to the conversion. Any new emails sent to the other mailbox is not being shown in the main mailbox view. I checked and found that the cur folder contains the emails of the other account's cur folder. Also, I find that the Inbox for the main account is actually (as per Horde for the main account) "INBOX.inbox" and not "inbox" like other accounts on the server.

    I have tried to unsubscribe and subscribe but in folders view of the main account it always is showing the INBOX.inbox as available for subscription and not the actual "inbox" folder.

    However, Squirelmail and RoundCube are showing proper INBOX for the main account. Only Horde is showing something else.

    What could it be and any ideas on how to resolve this? I have searched the forum for this and read every thread but didnt find anyone complaining of this issue.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

    Sukil
     
  2. sukil

    sukil Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2005
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Found It!

    I deleted the .courier* and courier* files from the /home/account/mail folder and then Horde is showing the folders properly again! I also found that the emails of the other email account were actually copied to this email a/cs folder! I dont see any reason for it to be that way but certainly the conversion software did it. However, I then deleted those extra folders too for that other email account in the main account (that were copied by the conversion software) and everything is fine as it should be.

    Sukil
     
  3. innsites

    innsites Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2005
    Messages:
    57
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Thanks for posting your fix!

    We have a client with this same experience (horde issue after maildir conversion). Thanks for returning to the forum and posting the fix.
     
Loading...

Share This Page