Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

HordeMail not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by damainman, Jan 14, 2004.

1. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

My server is running RHE with /tmp unexecutable. The problem is, Horde is not working..

On the hordemail login screen under the log-in fields it shows this error:

=========
    Warning: open(/tmp/sess_dd3b1138c6e76ff3a241209e487534ea, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
    =========

Then when u log-in.. i get this error message:

=======
    Warning: fopen("/tmp/horde.log", "a") - Permission denied in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/Log/file.php on line 48

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/Log/file.php:48) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/imp/redirect.php on line 103

Warning: open(/tmp/sess_dd3b1138c6e76ff3a241209e487534ea, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
    =========

2. damainman

Okay none of the webmails are working:

Here is what i get when i go to squiral mail:

===
    Warning: open(/tmp/sess_bc14f191a244c7e22cfdea5666894f54, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/webmail.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/webmail.php:34) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/i18n.php on line 1164

=====

Warning: open(/tmp/sess_bc14f191a244c7e22cfdea5666894f54, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

===

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

3. ecossett

ecossett Registered

I am not too familiar with the program in question, but i would say that somewhere in the config file (or php, not sure how it's based) that there will be a setting for session data. you could change the tmp location to save session data to, or can change it to not save to file and use data base. I'm a newbie so maybe someone else can help you better.

4. phpman

phpman Well-Known Member

Suggestion

Hello

I had similar problem and I solved in the following way:

cd /tmp
    rm horde.log
    cd
    service exim restart
    service cpanel restart

After having removed the file ' horde.log' Cpanel creates again him and the webmail it works without this mistake.

Good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. damainman

Thanks for the reply, but its not working for me... it seems that horde.log is not even being created in the /tmp folder.

I'm also getting this in squirral mail:
    Warning: open(/tmp/sess_1fa9e430f1a2373d6af8bd4928d935b8, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on line 285

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:285) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/i18n.php on line 1164

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:285) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/redirect.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:285) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/redirect.php on line 103

Warning: open(/tmp/sess_1fa9e430f1a2373d6af8bd4928d935b8, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/redirect.php on line 164

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/redirect.php on line 164

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php:285) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/redirect.php on line 165

#5 damainman, Jan 16, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  6. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    make sure your /tmp folder is chmod 0777 and then chmod +t

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. navweb

navweb Registered

dave9000 you are the king ;)

Paul.

8. PbG

PbG Well-Known Member

Thanks!