The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Host lookup not completed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wipl, Jul 6, 2004.

1. wipl

wipl Active Member

Hi,

I have a windows reseller account and a linux server. When I try to send the mails from my linux server to any domain on windows server it bounces off the mails saying the host lookup not completed. When I do a Mail troubleshoot from my linux server to any domain on the windows server the results are same i.e. host look up not completed.

I tried pinging the sites on the windows server from my linux shell however the results are same. I can send mails to anywhere in the world but not only to this particular server, again on my windows account I am able to receive mails from anywhere but just not this Linux Server.

Please help me to fix this issue.

2. Fever500

Fever500 Member

I am having the same problem with 3 of my servers .... server to server I cannot get or send mail .... but server to anywhere else works fine.

3. thehostinghut

thehostinghut Well-Known Member

I have this same problem. It just started also.

Tracy

4. thehostinghut

thehostinghut Well-Known Member

I have figured out what caused my issue.

Resolver Configuration was messed up. I put in my nameserver ip addresses again and it worked. I don't know if that will solve anybody's elses issue but it seemed to work for me.

Tracy