The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hosting Account Transfer Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mzcorp, Aug 21, 2010.

1. mzcorp

mzcorp Member

I want to transfer a hosting account from one server (dont have root access) to other server.

I tried transfer option:

1. Account transfer from other server.
    This does not start the process of transfer after passing alot of minutes... and give timeout problem message.

2. Account transfer from other server with account password:
    I also tried this to transfer there comes following error:

Trying to fetch cpmove file via cPanel XML-API!
    Fetching current backups from remote server......0 backups found...Done
    Starting the backup...Done
    Waiting for backup to start...Done
    Checking remote server for backups.....0 backups found.
    Failed to start the backup on the remote machine (if a previous backup is in progress you will need to wait until it is complete)!
    (Trace information follows for backup start request).../xml-api/cpanel?xmlin=<cpanelaction><apiversion>1</apiversion><module>Fileman</module><func>fullbackup</func></cpanelaction>
    <cpanelresult>
    <data>
    <result>0</result>
    <reason>Access denied</reason>
    </data>
    </cpanelresult>

(Trace information follows for initial backups)...<cpanelresult>
    <data>
    <result>0</result>
    </data>
    </cpanelresult>

(Trace information follows for backups after request started)...<cpanelresult>
    <data>
    <result>0</result>
    </data>
    </cpanelresult>

Failed to fetch cpmove file via cPanel XML-API.
    Trying to fetch cpmove file via ftp+cgi!
    Attempting to login as technote to 7*.**.***.*** via ftp
    FTP Login Failed

3. I also tried by creating backup manually by going to cpanel of account and downloaded it for the restoring to new server that backup after creating new account on new server?

How i can do the transfer any way or solution from these 3 steps for transferring account.

2. Mike-Atkins

Mike-Atkins Member
    PartnerNOC

You need to check following points.

> It is important to know that what is the account size on the source server.

> make sure that your backup is in the /home directory on the destination server, so for the restoration you need to request some one (support) with the root level access

> For the step 3 please check the following post

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/how-move-domains-accounts-162646.html#post682429

> From the above URL, you can follow the steps until you upload the backup in your public_html, for the rest of the process you have to request to support (with root level access).

> You cannot restore the account if you do not have the root level access at the destination server, or you request some one with the full access.