The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hosting Billing software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoWilkes, Aug 8, 2011.

1. GoWilkes

GoWilkes Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What software are you guys using (or can recommend) to manage the billing and client-side of hosting / domain accounts?

I'm looking for something that will:

1. Work seamlessly with cPanel and ResellerOne (for domains);

2. Use Paypal for payment;

3. Purchase the domain through my ResellerOne account AND create the hosting account on cPanel immediately upon Paypal payment received;

4. Allow me to use my own header and footer file (for branding);

5. Client side program to let the customer update their own domain info and hosting info (including the ability to change their nameserver);

6. Allow multiple domains under one account.

I just installed AccountLab Plus, through Fantastico, and while it works fairly well, there are some minor issues that I can't seem to get around:

1. I don't think there's a way to use my own header and footer (so, no branding);

2. When the customer first starts it forces them to select "Default category" and "Select a Product", even though I don't have any categories set up and only have one product;

3. It gives an option to prorate an account, but that seems broken. When I created an invoice for August, it did prorate it, but it it added a full month of August, too; so, instead of it being, say, 75%, it ended up being 175%! Sorta defeated the purpose on that one.

Do you guys have any other recommendations for me to try it? Or, any advice on customizing AccountLab Plus the way I want?

Jason

PS, to the mods, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't see one to discuss Fantastico add-ons.

2. FlexiHost

FlexiHost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    WHMCS - just can not go wrong with that package.

3. GoWilkes

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the tip. I'm looking at it, and signed up for the Preview... but now I'm lost. The preview doesn't look anything like the screenshots, and I don't have a clue where to go from the portal homepage!

I'll play with it for awhile, though, and see if I can figure it out. It looks like it has the features that I want, including a way to sync it with Quickbooks ($20 /month sucks for that option, but hey, beggers != choosers).

4. GoWilkes

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Spoke too soon! It looks like one of their emails went to my Junk folder, so I wasn't seeing the whole preview.