The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hosting Black List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoftmegUK, Jun 24, 2003.

1. SoftmegUK

SoftmegUK Well-Known Member

I do like the idea and would be willing to help if you wish!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

Count me out. What makes you so sure the same person will sign up on your site? :confused:

3. SoftmegUK

God your so bloody negative all the time, there are 11,603 members on this forum at the time of posting, quite a few check back regurly and cPanel is used by hell of a lot of hosts. Just getting to 10% of them all would prevent non-paying customers being able to get hosting.

The point is to prevent things from happening before they do, you wouldn't leave WHM unprotected would you just incase no one might use it.

Its a good idea, take your negativity else where :)

4. sexy_guy

Oh go bite a weenie would you? I said count me out! The notion is ridiculous. The forums should be closed to members only. Maybe that way people wouldnt be coming in here to find out about the latest bugs and vuln in Cpanel. Thats the first step. If it was closed to members only instead of open to the whole world maybe people wouldnt be getting hacked and spammed so often. Think about it. There are more undesireables cruising these forums than members. Thats the first step. Posting ips and blacklists of people you think may cause problems on your server is utter nonensence!! Next time you want to flame me pomy boy think about the stupidity behind your flames.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: :D

#4 sexy_guy, Jun 24, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2003
  5. SoftmegUK

I was reading and understanding you post and thought you had some good ideas and some points, but you dont need to go round and insult people...

6. sexy_guy

You stated it not I. Go figure.!

7. tAzMaNiAc

tAzMaNiAc Well-Known Member

Sexy Weenie

Sexy Guy,

I think you have a small weenie. Go have it pumped bigger or something so you can stop feeling inadequate! We all notice your negativity and frustration here. SoftMegUK ain't the only one. Maybe you should consider ceasing hosting because it aint your thing -- you whine and bitch and complain all the time to the point where people like to IGNORE you.

Forums like this are ok to be open. Security bugs need to be in the open so it forces the admins to fix. If it was private, they'd probably take longer because nobody knows about it.... RIGHT?That's how the virus alert releases and security bugtraqs work.. And they work well! So shut yer yap about something you obviously don't know anything about.

Man, talk about a Joisey wannabe.

8. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Wow, talk about getting dumped on.

Somebody makes a suggestion, someone else says "No thanks" and some people feel they jump on them for negativity? Give us a break people. If dis-agreeing gets one flamed, then some people need to get a grip -- and it's not the one(s) doing the dis-agreeing either.

BTW, there are already sites that deal with fraud issues.

An example: http://www.combatfraud.org/forum/index.php or check your favourite Search Engine. Bound to already be lots out there.

9. sexy_guy

I agree, children will be children. There was no reason to attack me "MR SoftmegUK" just because i said NO THANKS. Instead of attacking people SoftmegUK and tAzMaNiAc should be trying to run their business. Obviously they are not doing to well otherwise they wouldnt have time to post TRASH.

10. howard

howard Well-Known Member

11. tAzMaNiAc

Sexy_Whiner:

You are talking about yourself, not us, vain one. I have a lot of responsibility and good clients. I don't go running around trying to get 1,000,000 people (because, surprise, I don't do this for a living!!!). I strive for QUALITY service not QUANTITY. "The person who has the most wins" is probably what you live by based on your degrading comments.

Maybe you need to change your name to Jerk_Guy not Sexy_Guy since you've been acting like one. Clean up your whiny and egoistic attitude and maybe people would respond better.

Website Rob: You hit it right on the mark!

Brenden

12. tAzMaNiAc

13. SoftmegUK

Need I remind you that ALL of your posts are negative and you are very rarely seen to help anyone and I would apologies but I don't seem to think maturity is you thing... so no can do.

14. Silverado

Silverado Well-Known Member

I personally think it's a good idea.
    Before I installed Mailmon I had some accounts that would spam almost within minutes of getting their welcome mails. Those would be good ones to watch out for...
    And of course we wouldn't post it in here I would think.
    LOL... I enjoyed reading this post I must say. That's entertainment!

Ah' Hell, I just had to add this.
    You know everyone that is posting in here I can only assume is living in a "free" Nation. It shouldn't matter if someone voices their opinion. whether we agree to it or not, this is exactly what forums are about. This is, for the most part, a Free World and we all have the right to express opinions. Positive or negative, it just shouldn't matter. The fact is we are here to learn and help each other as best we can. I believe this forum is intended to use for the benefit of all cpanel users and we shouldn't be throwing blows amoungst ourselves. That's just my observations.

#14 Silverado, Jun 25, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2003
  15. DWHS.net

DWHS.net Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sounds good, all you need to do is add that you will share the customers information if they break your policies agreement.

We already use this company:

chargebackbureau.org

But have suggesteda black list site for hosting companies several times. Why fight eachother when we can help each other leave it up the the customer to decide?

I also think we should list offending i.p.'s and spam domains there.

Some hosting companies allready have a small site starting you may want to check it out but in no way is to the extent I would like.

http://www.hostownersgroup.com