The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hosting sever went down...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chitowngirl, Sep 10, 2009.

1. chitowngirl

chitowngirl Registered

Hello,
    I'm hoping someone here may be able to advise me on what to do. Over 2 weeks ago my website went down, and has been since. I have contacted my hosting company several times, and all I get is the same standard response (see below in red).

My question is this, is there anything I can do at all? Or, would your opinion be that it's gone for good?? How long would it take to do a total restore?

I'm not a technical person, but am trying to figure out if I can get to anything, because I'm not getting any information from them. They keep telling me it will be 24-48 hours, and now it's been over 2 weeks...

We're very sorry for this problem. A server malfunction is something we try to protect against by taking regular backups. We're restoring as many accounts as we can from these backups. Unfortunately, we've never had to do a total restore before and we were unaware of how slow this method is. We are using the method provided to us by our control panel provider (cPanel) to do the backup and restore. As a result of this, we're going to actively look in to replacing the current system with a much improved system in case this happens again. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused, and once we have got all sites back up we will process any requests for refunds for the month of September as the service level has been unacceptable.

If your account hasn't been restored yet, we expect it to be restored within 24 to 48 hours.

Thank you for any suggestions!

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Restore

Hello,

Unfortunately there is not way I would be able to tell you how long their backup is going to take to restore. This is due to the uncertainty of the amount of accounts, the hardware, and other factors. If you personally don't have a backup, then it would be totally in their hands. I am sorry if you lost data, but those are your possibilities. If I didn't answer your question please let me know.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry