Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

hosting somone who dosnt have a domain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe.Aklin, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Joe.Aklin

Joe.Aklin Registered

okay i would like to start giving people cpanel hosting who dont have domains. so like setup a subdomain of my site or just do like mysite.net/~name or what every but is thier any way for me to give them cpanel without them having a domain?

2. LEEnoble

LEEnoble Active Member

you can setup accounts with a subdomain (subdomain.yourdomain.tld) or /~username (yourdomain.tld/~username) for cpanel users.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe.Aklin

Joe.Aklin Registered

okay, but how?

4. MarkReaktor7

MarkReaktor7 Member

Just create a new account and for the domain type <sub>.yourdomain.com and all will be fine..

The /~<user> thing will also work where <user> is they put their cpanel username. However, i beleive that this does/has caused bandwidth to be logged to the domain which they go to.

(ie www.yourdomain.com/~nodomain will log to your bandwidth not theirs!) but i am unsure if this is causes a problem