The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hosting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iwebfolio, Mar 10, 2011.

1. iwebfolio

iwebfolio Member

Hi All

Currently i am using a web hosting company for all my clients in South Africa, but im sure i can save a lot more money hosting by myself?

I love cpanel, so is there anyone here that can guide me to an excellent hosting company i can buy server space and how to go about setting this up?

Do you purchase say 1gig of email and db disk space, 10gig of bandwidth then put that as a package a client must pay for ? how do i setup the hosting ie: designating space on server for each client who signs up with me?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you asking about getting a reseller server, a VPS server or a dedicated server for these needs? You'll need to make the decision based on what you can afford the type of hosting and machine that you'll be using.

While I cannot personally provide any recommendations, I'm mentioning the above to get you thinking in terms of what exact kind of hosting you are planning to get for these customers.

3. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

its better i think to get a vps and get an idea about root access
    or you can start with a reseller account , and create packages for customers
    after you can get a monthly lease of a billing software such as whmcs , clientexec etc there are loads of them depends from your needs.
    all these billing software have the ability to auto create disk space and send an email with login details to the customer since after he will complete his payment

4. iwebfolio

iwebfolio Member

Ah awesome, thanks for the replies guys. im pretty new to all this, so i think getting a reseller package going first should be the first thing to start off?

i like that k-planet, wondered how they send the login info and create the disk space etc...these billing software free or come with the reselling?

now my next big question is, who do i go to for reselling? Im paying at the moment R1500 for a years subscription - thats $214 i think it is?

5. iwebfolio

iwebfolio Member

and sorry, how do we set it up so that we use cpanel as our tool for databases, server etc...

6. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

there are some offers for resellers that have billing system on it.
    personally i use whmcs that not free i have a license.
    the most of the billing softwares have a montly lease that you can cansel any time. there is i think https://www.phpcoin.com/ which is free of charge.
    how you customize these scripts its not difficult there are tones of pages on the net.
    as i see you pay on R1500 i think thats an indian coins correct?
    Keep an eye on the company that you will order since many providers dont allow orders from india pakistan etc if you have customers from there may be difficult for you to get them online.
    i think you should have a look on webhostingtalk.com there are tones of offers over there cpanel's forum its not for offering the providers web space
    there are cheap hosting offers who results on heavy load servers have a look on webhostingtalk for reviews as well and how you can setup a reseller account
    Web Hosting Talk - The largest, most influential web hosting community on the Internet

7. iwebfolio

iwebfolio Member

Awesome, thanks for the feedback planethost. i came across Web Hosting Services, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Servers by HostGator which offers everything you mentioned above and prices look great for reselling. definitely save money hosting myself now! just hope i dont mess up with the setting up of the packages lol im pretty sure my current host company uses them looking at all the features listed with them.

ill go check out the links, good info on india hosting thanks bud, im in south africa its zar (r1500) :)