The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hostname error while installing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flipsidetw, Mar 6, 2014.

1. flipsidetw

flipsidetw Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Greetings all! I've installed centos 6.5 & trying to install cpanel. But everytime I get this error "hostname () is not set properly error. Please change your hostname to a fully qualified domain name........"
    I've edited /etc/hosts & added a hostname like this :

192.168.0.101 server1.myworld.com server1

Disabled firewall & SELinux. What am I doing wrong? Plz any solution someone! Tnx!!!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. TheJudge

TheJudge Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

...and to make it persistent across reboot edit /etc/sysconfig/network file by adding HOSTNAME=server.domain.com entry or edit the existing one if there is one..

Regards,
    Raul

4. flipsidetw

flipsidetw Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Tnx. It worked finally. But it's taking too long to install. I'm not sure if it's working or not but I went out to a party while cPanel was installing & after like 3 hrs I'm seeing lines of most of them like this,
    Code:
    [20140307.000XXX]     Retrieving and staging /cpanelsync/11.42.0.19/binaries/linux-x86_64/perl/...........
    [20140307.000XXX]     Retrieving and staging /cpanelsync/11.42.0.19/binaries/linux-x86_64/perl/...........

I'm totally new so I don't know what's going on. Is it really installing? If it is, then how long will it take to finish. Tnx!

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to submit a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can review the installation and complete it for you if necessary. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.