Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Hostname Redirect + Multiple Domains at Port 2083/2087

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xlightwaverx, Mar 21, 2015.

  1. xlightwaverx

    xlightwaverx Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2014
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi.

    Under my Tweak Settings Options, I have all redirections set to original domain regardless of SSL or not.

    http://prntscr.com/6jl87f

    I purchased a generic domain name used for the sake of creating reseller accounts so clients of the resellers will not see my company domain and will go through their own (reseller's) nameservers. I am using this domain name (panel.newdomain.com) as a replacement for my main current client access (cpanel.businessdomain.com).

    What I am running into, is that both new and old hostname at port 2087 and 2083 load whm and cpanel fine about 50-60 percent of the time, and then the other 40%, it gets redirected to the current hostname. I created the new domain so all resellers could use that domain for their whm and cpanel access for their clients, but what I would like is for each reseller to be able to point to their own cpanel access address like (cpanel.resellerdomain.com) since it seems to work on 2 domains simultaneously, would it not work for any amount?

    As the times it does not work, it reverts back to original hostname. How do you go about creating multiple cpanel access points (domain:2087, 2083) for resellers and their clients that will allow SSL certificates, all while doing this on one IP?

    Thanks,
    X
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelMichael

    cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2011
    Messages:
    43,711
    Likes Received:
    1,794
    Trophy Points:
    363
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

    Redirection does not apply when using the port numbers in the URL. Thus, it's not possible to completely hide the server's hostname if you use it for cPanel/WHM in:

    "WHM Home » Service Configuration » Manage Service SSL Certificates"

    You can vote for the existing feature request that's open for this at:

    http://features.cpanel.net/responses/ssl-certificate-per-domain-on-all-services

    Thank you.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Loading...

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice