Hosts.access file missing in cPanel 96

Sajawal

Sep 10, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,

I just install CentOS 8 on my server with the cPanel 96 version, and I'm unable to find the hosts.allow file in /etc, please let me know if his path is changed?

Regards,

Sajawal

Sep 10, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I wanted to set up the host file on my server that whoever can access it, but in the 96 version of cPanel, this feature didn't work properly because I need to remove the reject rule every time when I want to allow an IP on my server and after that apply reject rule again.

Hopefully below screenshot will helps to understand the situation correctly.

Attachments

Sajawal

Sep 10, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I understand your desire to use the hosts file, however, as I mentioned previously, hosts.allow and hosts.deny files were deprecated in RHEL 7. It is now recommended to use iptables instead.

Alternative to /etc/hosts/allow on CentOS8
Hmmm, then I think there should be a move button (like in 94 version with CentOS where we can up or down a rule of hosts access), in order to avoid removing and adding the rejection rule.

cPJustinD

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2021
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can certainly see how that may be beneficial. As that functionality is not currently included, I highly recommend submitting a feature request for this functionality. You can submit a feature request using the "Submit a Feature Request" link in my signature.

Our feature request site is actively reviewed and curated by our development team to identify potential future build plans and accept ideas and suggestions from our community. Adding a feature request here will allow the rest of cPanel's users to vote for it if it's something they would like to see implemented as well.

While we cannot guarantee that all requests will be accepted, this is the best way to make suggestions visible to the teams that build cPanel.

Sajawal

Sep 10, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can certainly see how that may be beneficial. As that functionality is not currently included, I highly recommend submitting a feature request for this functionality. You can submit a feature request using the "Submit a Feature Request" link in my signature.

Our feature request site is actively reviewed and curated by our development team to identify potential future build plans and accept ideas and suggestions from our community. Adding a feature request here will allow the rest of cPanel's users to vote for it if it's something they would like to see implemented as well.

While we cannot guarantee that all requests will be accepted, this is the best way to make suggestions visible to the teams that build cPanel.
Sure, thanks.