The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Link Protection issues [moved]

Discussion in 'Security' started by tdmequine, Oct 11, 2005.

1. tdmequine

tdmequine Registered

Hot Link Protection issues

I have enabled hot link protection on all of my clients' sites. It seems to work just fine, but I have also had a few folks email me to say that all of the images on these sites are now only displaying the red X.

The people telling me this are legitimately visiting my clients' sites. Most are using Internet Explorer. One woman said that on her work computer she has no problems. But on her home computer, she only gets the red X. The only difference she knows of between work and home computer is that the home computer has Norton anti-virus on it.

Is anyone here aware of problems with Norton or Internet Explorer settings with the hot link protection? Any help would be appreciated ... please note that while I'm not "stupid", I'm not a complete techno-geek (and I mean that with the utmost respect for those who are:eek:).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nancy

2. domtaj

domtaj Active Member

The following page may help

Cannot see all of a Web page when Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall is installed

3. tdmequine

tdmequine Registered

Thank you very much! I've asked one of the people who told me they had trouble with the images not loading and they do use Norton Internet Security Professional 2004, and when they disabled it, all of the images loaded perfectly, so that is the problem.

Thank you once again for your help!

Nancy