The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how an end user manage the web page structure?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ocean, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ocean

ocean Registered

Hello!

I'm new to CPanel (yesterday) and web stuff.

I am an end user using CPanel to create my own website.

How do I manage the website like a webmaster - do I use File Manager to upload all my images, web pages to folders under www one by one or do I use FrontPage Extention to publish pages I create on my own PC? How do you do that if you don't mind sharing?

Is there any particular website or books or tools I need to learn some skill or knowledge?

Kindly please advice and thanks a ton in advance,

Ocean

2. pcdior

pcdior Active Member

If you have FrontPage it might be easier to start off using that if you have no knowledge of HTML or other basics needed to get a website up and running. It also comes with templates and you can basically figure it out by reading the help that comes with it. Also search google there are loads of sites about html editors and frontpage.

3. ocean

ocean Registered

Thanks for the clue.

Then how can I dump the webpages plus images created on my own PC to the server?

Do I use the File Manager? It can't upload a whole bunch of img and pages. Somehow I need to re-edit the img path in File Manager. Do I use FrontPage Extention in the CPanel?

Thanks again,
    Ocean

4. pcdior

pcdior Active Member

Use your FTP information user/pass and the frontpage program interface to upload and you will be fine. Use front page to design and to upload to your web space.

5. ocean

ocean Registered

Thanks. I was away during wknd. EOM