The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can another domain completely conceal all traces to primary domain?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by milkyway, May 4, 2016.

1. milkyway

milkyway Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello there,
    English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes, if there has any part need me to describe again, please ask me.

I have a VPS package, I can login my WHM and have root privileges.
    I have two domains running on the VPS, for examples, example1.net & example2.net. example1.net is the primary domain of my account, it is using a dedicated IP.
    The two domains are runnibg two different sites, they shared some same databases and folders, that is why I put them in a same WHM account.

I want example2.net to act as a complete independent entity, revealing no traces to example1.net under any circumstance: They do not have any connection, whether it is for domains or IPs from any tools. Or the original record from the headers of emails.

To do those, I bought another dedicated IP to assigned to example2.net when necessary. I think when they have different dedicated IP, then regardless of any external inquiry, the two domains should be not appear in the same query results. But when I tried two different ways, it did not work:
    I tried the "addon domain" way to addon example2.net and assign a different dedicated IP to it, and then query example2.net on some tool, it showed "server.example1.net" in the results.
    e.g. InMotion Hosting Support - InMotion Hosting,
    and query example1.net on some tool, it showed "example2.net" in the results.
    e.g. Reverse IP Lookup - Find Other Web Sites Hosted on a Web Server

I created a new cPanel account and assign a different dedicated IP to it, and then query example1.net on some tool, it showed "example2.net" in the results.
    e.g. Reverse IP Lookup - Find Other Web Sites Hosted on a Web Server
    And in the two ways, emails sent from example2.net, the gmail will show up "via server.example1.net" in the email and "example1.net" in the message headers of the email.
    e.g. Message headers - Gmail Help

How to do for that?
    Thank you!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. milkyway

milkyway Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

Of course, I can't to clear records from third-party utilities that display cached DNS or WHOIS information.
    Because they are just mapping. I mean, I just want to change the current mapping, NOT for they saved history (if any).

What can I do for that?
    Thank you for your help.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator