The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I best integrate cPanel with External SmarterMail Windows server?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bgarrant, Jun 27, 2012.

1. bgarrant

bgarrant Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am just setting up two servers. One will be used for web hosting using Linux RedHat and cPanel. The other Windows 2008 server will be used just for SmarterMail email. I am trying to figure out best way for our hosting clients to be able to manage email accounts from SmarterMail. What is best way to disable email access in cPanel for our web hosting clients, but provide a link for them to get to the SmarterMail server? Should I just disable all Mail features in cPanel and add a link and icon for the external SmarterMail server?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Bryan

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: How can I best integrate cPanel with External SmarterMail Windows serve

Hello Bryan,

I would suggest removing all mail features as you've noted and then adding an option that will get the user to the other mail interface. The icon would simply result in a redirect to the correct interface for email services.

Thanks!

3. bgarrant

bgarrant Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: How can I best integrate cPanel with External SmarterMail Windows serve

That is what I was thinking. I would use the method on Page 45 here: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/pub/AllDocumentation/TrainingResources/TrainingSlides08/Branding.pdf to create an icon and external link. I figured I would disable all Mail features, then install this plugin to the Mail section. To bad cPanel does not interface better with SmarterMail like it does with Enkompass. Seems like it would be possible,