The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I block all email comeing from ?

Discussion in 'Security' started by jols, Feb 18, 2012.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2004
    Actually, I would like to whitelist these two addresses so messages can be sent out using:

Way too often a hacker will get access to one of the accounts we host, then they will upload a php script that is a mass spam mailer. But these scripts will always send from:

as in:

(envelope-from <>)

Where the "userID" is the hosted account, and, "" is the server name and domain name, NOT the hosted account member's domain.

So, If I could find a way to filter out email being broadcast from "" except for the two addresses listed above, this would work wonders I think for defeating this kind of a mass spam-mail-broadcast hack.

Or is there a way to have the cPanel system use a particular email address on the server that we specify for sending out system messages? In that case we could just filter out/block ""

2. minosjl

minosjl Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: How can I block all email comeing from

Dear friend,

You can make the changes in the exim configuration file in order to set the mail are coming from your domains you wish insted of the server host name.

You can read the spamassain documentation of cPanel in order to whitelist the email address you have

Thank you