The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I change the password? Help Please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steve25523, Jan 15, 2006.

1. steve25523

steve25523 Registered

Hi,

I'm new to website ownership and some how I got my password messed up. I can login to my cpanel, but I Can Not login to my Admin Page.

My question is can a person go into the cpanel and change the Admin password, and if so could someone explain how to do this?

Thank's

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

I don't know which admin page you are talking about but if it is a piece of software you installed then you may have to reinstall that software.

You can access the files and directories of your software from within cPanel by finding and clicking on the File Manager. You may then be able to reset your admin password in one of the software's config files.

Yet another way is to access the database of the software from within cPanel using the database access facility from the main menu and deleting the admin password. Then reload the admin page and enter a new password combo.

If all else fails put in a support ticket to your hosting provider who may be help you directly.

:)

#2 Izzee, Jan 15, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  3. steve25523

steve25523 Registered

Thank you so much, that worked... I'm realy grateful.

Thank's A Million
    Steve