The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I cleanup a cPanel installation?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by mmscwebmaster, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mmscwebmaster

mmscwebmaster Member

I have taken over the management of a website running under cPanel.
    Some things appear to be missing. eg. there does not seem to be an antivirus program. How can I tidy it and bring it upto date?

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

You would not have much control over that via a cpanel client. These are things you should ask your host to provide. They may already provide virus scanning and no need to allow user options, etc.

As far as cleaning up, you would only need to manage your own user files that are needed for your website.

3. mmscwebmaster

mmscwebmaster Member

The host seems to sending me only automated replies which refer me to this forum.
    The cPanel help refers to clamAV which is not on my panel.
    Also the backup facility is disabled - how can I enable it?
    The files have been hacked about by the previous webmaster - can cPanel be re-installed?

4. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

As I stated above, all of these settings are controlled by your provider and the features they wish to allow you to have. Yes your account can be recreated easily but again by your host provider.

If you are not satisfied with a cpanel account and wish more control, you should consider a whm or upgrade to a vps which you will have full control.