Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How can I delete these mass mails?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by furquan, Jul 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. furquan

furquan Well-Known Member

Hello Everybody,

When i run this command to check SPAM originating from my sever using mailing script's:-

grep cwd /var/log/exim_mainlog | grep -v /var/spool | awk -F"cwd=" '{print $2}' | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

I see mails mentined like this :-

1110 /etc/csf
    1140 /
    5490 /root

Can somebody tell me, how do i delete those mails mentioned for ROOT CSF and /

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

The command you used is showing message deliveries as referenced in /var/log/exim_mainlog. This is not an indicator that the messages exist in your mail queue. You can browse to "WHM Home » Email » Mail Queue Manager" to view and search emails in your actual queue.

As far as the source of outgoing SPAM, the "/etc/csf" entries likely correspond to notification emails sent out by your CSF application, and the "/" emails likely correspond to cPanel & WHM notification emails. If you'd like to search for sources of SPAM, try some of the commands referenced on these threads:

Need to catch the Spamming Source
    Locate spam activity

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...