Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How can I Disable SSL installation during full restore in WHM from other hosting company?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rmshost, Mar 14, 2014.

1. rmshost

rmshost Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

My main question i guess is, How can I Disable SSL installation during full restore in WHM from other hosting company?

I am new to WHM as a Virtual VPS Hosting Provider and I am trying to perform a full recovery of a domain that is currently hosted with another company. When i do so, the SSL of the site is imported and seems to blow up my routing and SSL ip.

I am on an amazon ec2 server Cent OS 6.5 WHM 11.42.0 and have 1 dedicated ip I am currently using with multi-domain SSL installed.

Is there a way to do a full restore without importing the current ssl from the other host?

2. LostNerd

LostNerd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Are you able to disable SSL on the remote server before initiating the transfer?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rmshost

rmshost Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, i just hoped there was a way to remove all permissions, package settings and SSL info during the full restore/cpmove process.

4. LostNerd

LostNerd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not that I know of at this time. However, all settings can be changed directly after a transfer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

I believe this is the issue that should be addressed. Could you elaborate on what happens when restoring the account with it's certificate?

Thank you.