The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can I do this on whm?

Discussion in 'Security' started by uninvited13th, May 4, 2011.

1. uninvited13th

uninvited13th Member

Hello,

I want my client to only show public_html folder, how will I do that?

2. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can view the public_html using cPanel. Go to cPanel >> File manager and show him public_html. LOL :)

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello uninvited13th,

Are you asking how to get your FTP client to only show the contents of the public_html folder, or are you asking how to restrict anything below the level of public_html from view to another person who has access to the account?

If you want to restrict your FTP to public_html, you can create a new FTP user account in cPanel > FTP Accounts area by using the "Add FTP Account" section. Any created FTP user will be restricted to the folder you select and would automatically log in at that folder level.

If instead you meant how to restrict access to public_html only for another person, you could also create an FTP Account for that person to use. There is no way in cPanel itself (if the user has that level of access) to prevent access outside public_html folder.

If neither of the above are what you were asking to do, then please provide specifics on what is needed.

Thanks!

4. uninvited13th

uninvited13th Member

I'm reselling hosting accounts.. I want my clients to only show public_html folder on ftp or on file manager (cpanel).. So when they use ftp, they will be inside the public_html folder, of course they are not allowed to go beyond or outside that folder.. Is there any way how to do this?

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not for cPanel account users only for FTP account only users where you create an FTP account user for the individual as already mentioned. Anyone with cPanel account level access is not restricted to public_html level.

6. tank

tank Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sounds like you are not a true reseller then. If they can't have their "own account". Sounds as if your are reselling your addon domains of your current account.