The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i enable Apache DSO?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by pamamolf, Jun 22, 2012.

1. pamamolf

pamamolf Active Member

I was use easy apache and did a rebuild using latest apache and php but after all i can't change from the php configuration the suphp to DSO as there is not any other option there to select it :(

What did i forget to enable when i rebuild?

Thank you

2. parelytic

parelytic Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I rarely/never use Apache/PHP in DSO, but from my understanding you will need to recompile Apache (I believe) to the Prefork MPM. After that, you can enable PHP to run as DSO within WHM >> Service Configuration >> Configure PHP and SuExec. More about PHP Handlers

Someone may need to correct the above information and let me know if I am wrong. If you prefer to change the handler to DSO through the command line, you can use /usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf

3. ASTRAPI

ASTRAPI Well-Known Member

I have already check Prefork MPM but there is no DSO option only suphp :(

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you submit a ticket? If you have prefork, DSO would normally be an option after recompile. I cannot offhand think of another selection that would cause DSO to not build or be selectable. Tickets can be opened in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. Please post the ticket number here afterward because we would want to followup on how it was fixed. Thanks!