Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How can i have 2 cpanel for one website?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by svvs, Jul 2, 2005.

1. svvs

svvs Registered

i am a webdesigning company and i want to give to my client a cpanel that he can only create his emails and the rest i do not want him to have access on, but from my position i want lets say to create some ftp accounts for my emloyees that will work on the website or create a mysql account.

lets say that www.domain.com is a client's website, can the owner of this website have a limited cpanel and me as an administrator of the plan to have the full cpanel?

well as the administrator of a reseller hosting plan, I am allowed to create a cpanel for my client with limited features available.

the question now is the following
    now me as the administrator of the plan can i have at the same time a second cpanel for the same account but with full features?

2. RAIS2

RAIS2 Well-Known Member

You can only have one (1) cPanel account per domain.
    I do believe there are scripts available that you can remotely create email accounts ( ie, from a member-only portion of the actual website ). That could allow you to create a small login area with access to a form that will create the email account.

Hope That Helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can have one for domain.com and one for a sub domain, say sub.domain.com - but you cant have two for domain.com.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gahelm

gahelm Active Member

IF you have RVSkins installed you can limit your clients cpanel to only the functions you want him to have, then you as a reseller can can in on the admin layer and have full access to all functions.