The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i have an email auto sent to new account holders once the setup is complete?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by thecodeshoppe, Dec 21, 2004.

1. thecodeshoppe

thecodeshoppe Registered

I'm finding it tiresome to have to continually send new users their login info, DNS info to point domains, etc...

I want to be able to have the administrator of each new hosting account sent an email with how to manage their account... i.e., a personalized email thanking them for using us, provide the DNS info they need, give them their username and password, etc...

What do I need to do, or How can I get this done?

- Dave

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

You could either use an email program that lets you save templates, or if it's your server, you may want my postwwwacct script for sending auto welcome emails.

See my sig for my scripts.

3. thecodeshoppe

thecodeshoppe Registered

Thanks Mike!

I'll definately give your scripts a go. I see that you are in Ontario.. I'm writing to you from Calgary AB. Anyway, thanks again.

Dave

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

I was almost going to move there. Still might later.

I moved July 1 from Brockville, ON to London, ON and spent several months choosing between London and Calgary. Ended up choosing London mostly because of distance, but still thinking about going farther later. I will be going to Calgary, and maybe Edmonton, sometime in 2005 for a visit.