The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I make my new .com display in url with site on another subdomain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by s3curityplu5, Sep 19, 2012.

1. s3curityplu5

s3curityplu5 Registered

Sep 19, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have a website on a subdomain of one site and I need it my new domain name: display correctly in the address bar with all the files and folders after it. like so: ... right now I have it set up to mask the subdomain, but this is no good because it only says my new domain name all the time and no files, folders, directories after it. I am able to create a parked domain or an addon domain, but they just seem to redirect to the old subdomain. Is it possible to not redirect but to actually look like my domain name is actually hosting the effectively removing the domain and replacing it with the new> Thank you for your help, this has been driving me nuts for 5 days....

edit: it seems that an addon domain has completely solved this issue for me... is now working as intended
    #1 s3curityplu5, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

May 20, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: How can I make my new .com display in url with site on another subdomai

To be clear, you don't want to actually move the blog, you just want it to be viewed like it is?

Not sure if this would work off hand without trying it, but if you've got parked on the account already and you edited the setting in Wordpress > Settings > General:
    "Enter the address here if you want your site homepage to be different from the directory you installed WordPress."

Would that work? Not sure. Might want to keep a second browser window open if you change this, just in case.