The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i now when MySql 4.1.19 will be in Linux STABLE ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mushroom, May 11, 2006.

1. mushroom

mushroom Registered

how can i now when MySql 4.1.19 will be in Linux STABLE ?

Hello

we running Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0 CPanel 10.8.1-STABLE Build 114

i have a problem with mysql some bug that in that version of mysql
    we have Mysql Version 4.0.25-standard in the server and i have to upgrade to MySql version 4.1.19 the bug has fix in this version of mysql

now the thing is CPanel 10.8.1-STABLE Build 114 support MySql untill version 4.1.18 which is not help my problem

is anyone know when CPanel will add MySQL 4.1.19 to STABLE Build. ?

there is a patch that can fix the bug but we don't want to edit any file in the server, the only way that we upgrade MySql is through WHM installer

sorry about my bad english thanks in advance.

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

You can upgrade MySQL, manually. But, don't upgrade for testing or to try it out. Downgrading MyQL might cause problems.

3. mushroom

mushroom Registered

thanks for the reply but the fact is that i don't want to do that manually because the same reason that you notice and we have about 200 users in that server

I'll have to wait for the time they will include mysql 4.1.19 in cpanel stable

and i just wondering when it will happen

thanks man

4. dspillett

dspillett Active Member

I too would like an indication if possible - I have a problem with a PHP build due to a problem with some mysql RPM builds up to 4.1.18.

I *could* fix the problem by forcing the -devel package for 4.1.13 in, building PHP, and restoring 4.1.18-devel afterwards (a technique a couple of people report to work) or by manually upgrading to 4.1.19 (which apparently has the packaging flaw fixed). BUT, if 4.1.19 is coming soon (and "soon" is soon enough) I'll take the safer route and wait for STABLE to catch up.

4.1.19 was only released a short time ago - does anyone remeber how long it took for 4.1.18 to pass down into STABLE?

If it is going to take a while I might risk the manual upgrade, has anyone here done this? If so, have you experienced any difficulties afterwards that you think are due to that change?

#4 dspillett, May 13, 2006
    Last edited: May 13, 2006
  5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you upgrade manually you need to remember to create the file:

touch /etc/mysqlupdisable

Otherwise upcp will simply downgrade it again.

If it's not already there, you should also create a bugzilla entry for the new version of MySQL v4.1 to be used and site your reasons why so that cPanel are aware of the issues.