Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How can I prevent a user to send emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Alain Bensimon, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Alain Bensimon

Alain Bensimon Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Michael,
    Thank you for your answer.
    So I've looked in the txt file, and it says that it's to prevent Exim to send emails.
    Like I said in the beginning of that post, I have created an ACL that prevent some users to send emails, and it worked since I was prevented from sending emails through webmail with these users.
    But the spamming kept going, and it's only when I enetred the joomla admin and disabled the "sendmail" function that it stopped, whcih makes me think that it wasn't using exim, so the LF_SCRIPT_LIMIT wouldn't work since it's for exim.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Emails sent through PHP scripts such as Joomla without SMTP authentication are still processed through Exim. You can test this by searching /var/log/exim_mainlog for one of the offending emails to see if the cwd= path entry exists. EX:

Code:
    exigrep MSGSUBJECT /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Replace MSGSUBJECT with the subject of one of the offending messages. Note that the CSF Readme suggests making changes to the log_selector Exim configuration option, but that's no longer required because cPanel & WHM uses the following entry by default:

Code:
    +incoming_port +smtp_connection +all_parents +retry_defer +subject +arguments +received_recipients
    Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...