The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I sell email without a domain - customer@mydomain.com?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by GAZ, Oct 1, 2004.

1. GAZ

GAZ Member

Hi everyone,

Is there an easy way to setup new email only customers two ways, ie:

1. Customer signs up and registers a domain so their email would be customername@theirdomain.com

2. Customer signs up for mail without a domain so their email would be customername@mydomain.com

Obviously #1 would be setup with xmail, or bluetrixmail, etc. and they would login using their own control panel. How would they login if their address is @mydomain?

Does anyone know this one?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Gaz.

2. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

The would login this way:

http://mydomain.com/webmail/

Then they would use their full email address and their password to login. They would have their choice of three webmail clients, they could manage their password and autoresponders, etc. They could also use an email client like outlook to manage their email.

3. GAZ

GAZ Member

Thanks Marty,

But is there some easy way to setup new accounts with this kind of email address(customername@mydomain.com)?

I currently use ModernBill for my automated account creation and it is easy enought to create a mail only account with a domain, but I can't figure out how to do it so it just assigns their username as the email at mydomain.com

Is it possible to automatically do this?

Gaz.