The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I stop cpanel from changin theme on accounts?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by kjg, Feb 5, 2016.

1. kjg

kjg Well-Known Member

When upgraded to 54 all accounts theme was changed to paper lantern.

We do not want to do that yet, since there are too much problems with paper lantern, so we changed all packages back to x3, and changed all accounts to x3 as well (using WHM -> Multi Account Functions -> Modify/Upgrade Multiple Accounts

Everything worked fine until new version of 54 (build 12) arrived and all accounts and all packages was once again changed to paper lantern

How can we stop cpanel from doing this each time there is a new build?

Thank you
    // kjg

2. cPanelAdamF

cPanelAdamF cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What problems are you experiencing with Paper Lantern? Currently X3 is scheduled to go 'unsupported' starting in v58. (It’s time to say goodbye to X3 | cPanel Blog) and I'd like to have your concerns about Paper Lantern resolved well ahead of that.

3. kjg

kjg Well-Known Member

Hi Adam and thank you for your reply
    I'll add the problems we have with paper lantern in a separate thread (or the existing comments thread) later.

For now, I would really appreciate info about how we can stop the updates of 54 to change the theme settings chosen by us and our customers.

I have read the blog you link to and it is OK that it will be unsupported in v58. I guess our issues will be solved much earlier than that.

But for now, we really don't want you to change the account/package settings each time there is a new build. We have made an informed decision and don't want to go with paper lantern at the moment and I hope you can respect that and not continue to force the change.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You could setup a post cPanel update hook that runs the following command:

Code:
    /scripts/modify_accounts --all-users --theme x3
    Information on the upcp hook is available at:

Guide to Standardized Hooks - System Functions - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Ensure you monitor when the server is updated to version 56 or version 58 in the future when changes to the availability of the X3 theme occur.

Thank you.