The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i stop phishing and spoofing

Discussion in 'Security' started by ssuubi, Mar 7, 2011.

1. ssuubi

ssuubi Registered

One of my websites is constantly being hacked and is being used to display false or "spoofed" eBay.com,paypal,and Visa pages, apparently in an effort to steal personal and financial information from consumers, including eBay users, in order to defraud them.

I have tried to remove the files they put in different folders of the websites and changing the passwords but it seems not to help.

Does someone out there have a solution.

Ssuubi Francis
    Kampala Uganda

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you tried checking the domain's domlogs to see how the site is getting attacked? You would want to review the logs for the domain at /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com location for that domain.

3. plasterandlathe

plasterandlathe Registered

Have you set all your permissions correctly?I'd completely start again,once a hacker is in it is very difficult to sort easily.Try another host completely add characters such as %&(* in the password and usernames.I know it's a pain but some hosts have lack security.Also set up ftp accounts do not ftp direct with your login info but create ftp user accounts with different passwords this can help isolate problems.In fact your situation sounds like an ftp hack.Good luck.