The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I tell if my cpanel/whm is flaky or if it is the ser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by furtherahead, Dec 23, 2002.

1. furtherahead

furtherahead Member

Hi everyone/anyone,

How can I tell if I have a flaky install of cpanel/whm or if it is my machine? I am running CPanel 5.3.0 I believe, on a RH 7.2

I'm in a bit of a &battle& right now -- my machine keeps going down... currently I can ping the machine, but services randomly seem to be stopping... first it was apache. When trying to rebuild apache using /scripts/easyapache I would get sef faults, and then in the middle of running the buildapache.sea, the ssh session would stop responding. Now httpsd is down, and it appears the same for ftp...

They don't support CPanel/WHM (perhaps that is a mistake on my part) because they run their own proprietary control panels, but they agreed that they would install CPanel/WHM on the machine for me if I wanted it... and I paid for my own licence of CPanel...

So -- is there any way that I can tell if I might need to do a full reinstall of CPanel/WHM, or can I be fairly certain it is the machine?

Thanks in advance... hope somebody out there is having a happy holiday!!! :(

Derek.
    dfeather@magma.ca

2. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Just reinstall the stupid thing. What have you got to loose. Whos your NOC? What version of RH are you referring to? Was it a plain RH install before you installed Cpanel? Was it a stable system prior to the install of Cpanel? So many questions so little time to answer them all!