how can you make it where users can pick there php settings

ChRoNiC v2

Registered
Jun 17, 2007
Hi, on my friends cPanel his host has it to where he can pick his own cPanel settings. Like where he can change it from version of PHP to use, register_globals, memory_limit, and max_upload_limit. How can I install this in my server?

pross

Mar 14, 2005
PHP Configuration

These PHP configuration settings are customizable by the server administrator. They are listed for reference only.

i dont think so....

MattDees

Apr 29, 2005
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This cannot be done through cPanel itself, but it can be done by simply uploading a file. Depending on whether you are running PHPsuEXEC or mod_php the method changes.

If you are using suexec, you can simply create a php.ini inside of that user's public_html directory with the options you want enabled.

If you're using mod_php you will need to create a .htaccess with "php_flag <setting> <value>

For Example:
php_flag register_globals off

ChRoNiC v2

Registered
Jun 17, 2007
ok thanks, how do I create it though were users can change there options in like cPanel. So where I can create a button in there cPanel they click it and they can change it. How would I go about doing that?

RandyO

Jun 17, 2003
This cannot be done through cPanel itself, but it can be done by simply uploading a file. Depending on whether you are running PHPsuEXEC or mod_php the method changes.

If you are using suexec, you can simply create a php.ini inside of that user's public_html directory with the options you want enabled.

If you're using mod_php you will need to create a .htaccess with "php_flag <setting> <value>

For Example:
php_flag register_globals off
You have to do it manually

electric

Nov 5, 2001
You would need to write your own script that allows this.

ie: Your script could show all the different options, and then write an .htaccess file to their account, which contains the desired php directives...

ChRoNiC v2

Registered
Jun 17, 2007
Ok, but how do I begin to install it so where its accessable in cPanel...is there a source code or a place I need to start, I will also be willing to pay someone to make a sciprt like this for me.

madan.cpanelnet

Apr 1, 2006
INDIA
Hello,

All you need to do is change the settings in php.ini on your server..

How to find the php.ini path on your server.
[email protected] [~]# php -i | grep php.ini
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
[email protected] [~]#

You can pm me at gossip_land (ymsngr) .. i can help you for free on this.