The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How copy cpanel daily backup to DirectAdmin remote ftp

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by mbaghb, Jan 24, 2013.

1. mbaghb

mbaghb Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i have a vps with CPANEL/WHM installed on it and i want copy daily backups to another ftp server that is running on it direct admin.
    i need know ,how do it.???
    I put the following command in the Cronjob file but it isn't work.it seems need ftp password or ssh key to verify access permission or some thing like this to work.
    anybody can help me?

0 4 * * * rsync -vaP --bwlimit=1500 /backup/cpbackup/daily/*.tar.gz my_ftp_username@my_ftp_IP:/home/user/backups/daily/

2. mbaghb

mbaghb Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    also i found some documents about how create ssh key and how put it to ftp server to sync a "cpanel server" and "cpanel ftp backup server ", but i don't find anything about how to put this ssh key to direct admin ftp backup server.

3. Jeff Shotnik

Jeff Shotnik Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    rsync uses SSH, so you'll need to generate a SSH key and copy it to your DA server.`ssh -t rsa` - that will create a private and public key - copy the contents of the .pub key to the authorized_keys file on your DA server.