How copy emails from archive to inbox?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

The following documentation goes over managing archives: Archive | cPanel & WHM Documentation

From the mail client though you should be able to just drag the message from the archive to the mailbox you'd like for it to be in. I tested this in roundcube without issue.

benito

Jan 8, 2004
Mar del Plata - Argentina
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

The following documentation goes over managing archives: Archive | cPanel & WHM Documentation

From the mail client though you should be able to just drag the message from the archive to the mailbox you'd like for it to be in. I tested this in roundcube without issue.
Hello Lauren, thats what i try to do and get this error:

read only.PNG

Regards,
Cristian

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
You know what, this is my fault, I manually archived the mail to test this and that behaves a bit differently. What you're seeing here is the definitely read-only IMAP Accessible archive - this is just so you can view the mail it's not restorable this way.

I think the best way to restore these if it's necessary to restore would be through the file manager by going to cPanel>>Files>>File Manager -> mail/domain.tld/.Archive there you'll see the .incoming .outgoing folders - the issue being that every email that comes into the server is stored in the same incoming and vice versa for outgoing.

benito

Jan 8, 2004
Mar del Plata - Argentina
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
You know what, this is my fault, I manually archived the mail to test this and that behaves a bit differently. What you're seeing here is the definitely read-only IMAP Accessible archive - this is just so you can view the mail it's not restorable this way.

I think the best way to restore these if it's necessary to restore would be through the file manager by going to cPanel>>Files>>File Manager -> mail/domain.tld/.Archive there you'll see the .incoming .outgoing folders - the issue being that every email that comes into the server is stored in the same incoming and vice versa for outgoing.
Thanks Lauren, i do it some times that way. Just want to know it there are a better way.

Regards,

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Yea, I'm afraid because it's an archive not a backup there really isn't and because we don't do email restores through the File and Directory restoration UI there wouldn't be a way to do this without some manual work.

Reactions: benito