The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How create addon domains under subdirectories?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mvel001, Sep 15, 2011.

1. mvel001

mvel001 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello People, I was able to create a domain using cPanel "create new account" function, and it was placed under /home directory. I also am able to load pages via FPT for this domain under "public-html" directory.

But now I turn again to old question I made when entered in this forum: how I can create a new domain to be hosted under /home/newdomain directory? (or from FTP point of view under public-html/newdomain dir)

I don´t want new domain be hosted into another /home directory and new FTP account, but just under the same old I created, also reached by the same FTP account used in the first account.

Also I don´t want subdomains in the form subdomain.mydomain.com but true new domain like newdomain . com or something.

It is possible?

thanks for your help

2. andyaav

andyaav Member

Go to cPanel of your existing account and add new domain as "Add-on" domain.

3. mvel001

mvel001 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Oh! sorry, now I can see there is e BIG gap here. You assume I am entering cPanel by domain name, but I enter cPanel for a completely empty VPS machine, so I first created an account and place a domain there. To continue, never appears for me a menu to work with domains. Next step: I tried enter cPanel using account name and passord for previously created domain, but it doen´t recognizes.

By searching tutorials, now I can see when you enter cPanel by domain name, you can easily manage subdomains and add on domains. My problem now resumes to reach cPanel for that domain.

any help?

thanks in advance

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So do you have WHM > List Accounts option in your WHM interface? If so, there should be a cPanel icon next to each account listed there, you'd click on the icon to log into it. Otherwise, you should be contacting your hosting provider to find out why you cannot log into cPanel interface, which is normally https://domain.com:2083/ for the url where domain.com is the domain name for the working domain account. If the domain is not yet working, you could instead use the IP address of the server with https://IP#:2083/ where IP# is that IP address.

5. mvel001

mvel001 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello Tristan . GREAT ! it worked. I forgot now we live in a "world of icons". Thanks