The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do FTP images to website via File Manager - change & add

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RAMQ2R, Nov 5, 2011.

1. RAMQ2R

RAMQ2R Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello,

I will have to do 2 types of photo images changes I need to do on my website:
    1. just changing the product link image because the home page images will remain the same-
    meaning customers will click on the New Items or Sales & Specials images on my home page and be led to DIFFERENT PRODUCT IMAGES. In other words the homepage images will always remain the same but the New Items & Sales & Specials images will change based upon the products I add or choose.

2 - the home page image and the product image it goes to is the same product -
    meaning customers will click on the Item of the Week image on my home page and be led to THE SAME PRODUCT IMAGE.

How do I change and add (FTP) my product images using the File Manager. Please provide detailed step by step instructions.

Thanks in advance for you help.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    FTP and File Manager are different ways to upload files. If you are going to use File manager, you will have the option to upload files into public_html. If you are going to use FTP, you will have the option to upload images into public_html from your local system.

This forum really isn't intended to detail how to do basic find and replacement for file pages and images. You should contact your hosting provider or the site designer to have them help you with what it is you need to do specifically.

Now, if you simply need to replace an existing image in File Manager, that can be done in cPanel > File Manager > Web root (or click in the left hand pane on public_html). Find the image in question that needs to be changed, then click on upload in the folder where the image is located. In the upload window, you will have a browse option, click browse and find the image locally that you need to upload and overwrite. Upon selecting it, you will receive this prompt in cPanel's File Manager:

You would select yes for this prompt to overwrite the file if that's what you really wish to do.

I highly suggest going to cPanel > Backups and generating a full backup of your account before modifying files in this way.