Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How do I backup from a non OS HD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mystic Crunk, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Mystic Crunk

Mystic Crunk Registered

Hello,
    Today my hd failed and will not boot into the OS. My host was able to boot using a knoppix cd and mounted the HDs. The problem is that I only have ssh access and no scripts are working because it is not booting from the standard OS. That includes mysql and cpbackup. When I attempt to run cpbackup from the normal directory it gives me this

"Can't locate cPScript/cPanelFunctions.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/ perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 / usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /scripts) at /mnt/olddrive/scripts/cpbackup line 16.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /mnt/olddrive/scripts/cpbackup line 16."

Is there any way to backup the accounts and databases from this point. I am already in the process of copying over the entire home directory so that once I get the accounts backed up it should just fall into place as far as the home directory goes.

Thank You
    Mystic Crunk
    p.s. sorry if I seem a bit incoherent, got home from work to find this and been working for 6 hours on this.

2. Mystic Crunk

Mystic Crunk Registered

Ok, just had an idea. What if I were to use another server to backup the information. By my understanding whm is able to connect to another server via ssh to retreive account information (correct me if I am wrong here) to which I could point the other server to the new directory, basically /mnt/olddrive instead of /. My current server being default as far as location is concerned it should be able to find the applicable information and back it up then it would just be a matter of transfering it to my server again once the new hard drive is put in place. Of course this is just theory in my part and I would somehow need to be able to gain access to a second server running whm/cpanel. Any ideas on that?

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...