Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How do I bar e-mail (SPAM) to certain domains

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Stefaans, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

One of our clients has hundreds of parked domains and these domains are attracting tons of SPAM, eating up expensive bandwidth. The client is happy that we block all e-mail to these domains.

What should I do to NOT accept e-mail for these domains? I do not want to :fail: or :blackhole:. I rather want to stop the e-mail at its origin before it even gets onto the server.

I have tried the following with one of the domains:
    * Removed it from /etc/localhosts. Mail still enteres the server and is bounced. Not good enough.
    * Changed the domain's zone MX entry to 127.0.0.1. Mail is rejected without entering the server. This is the desired result, but is it acceptable practice?

Could I not set up something in /etc/exim.conf, e.g. some kind of "blacklist"?

Thanks for your comments ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Stefaans, Jul 9, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2003
  2. bennet

bennet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...