Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How do I change the login password for WHM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aykfounder, Feb 22, 2004.

1. aykfounder

aykfounder Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm a reseller and I would like to change the passwords for a few WHM accounts that were created for me by my host. Is there a way to do this? I can only find "modify password" but that has nothing to do with the whm panel, as far as I know, it only deals with cpanel.

Thanks for any help on this topic

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

A resellers WHM password is their cpanel password. The host sets you up with an account, real or bogus, and then makes you a reseller. I'm pretty sure only the host who set up your reseller account can change your password. I don't think it's possible to give you that option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aykfounder

aykfounder Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info. So, I pretty much have to request a specific password to be set for my whm panel then?