The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I change the static IP cPanel uses?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hexstar, Jun 2, 2006.

1. hexstar

hexstar Active Member

Hi, I was under a denial of service attack earlier so I tried in vein to change my servers static IPs to two spare ones I have using the WHM IP Migration wizard, however despite following all instructions all sites only displayed the "There is no website configured at this address" error :confused: ...so I used the wizard again and seemed to fix the issue by changing the server back the old two static IPs and now the denial of attack has stopped anyways so that's no longer an issue. The issue now is that cPanel is no longer using the .19 IP it's licensed for (but oddly isn't complaining about such, I suspect it will once the monthly license comes up for renewal though) but rather the second .18 static IP...how do I make it and everything else use the .19 IP instead? The IP Migration wizard seems to me to be very beta like and unstable as it caused these issues despite me following all the instructions it provided along the way....please help! :( Thanks! :)

2. oulzac

oulzac Well-Known Member

sounds like you did it correctly, that will show, as IPs have to propigate just like nameservers, it will take 12 hours once the IP has been changed.

3. hexstar

hexstar Active Member

Well no, something got messed up because even after 12 hours, the error still existed on my side and my friends side and on guardster.coms proxies side and that really shows something didn't go right because guardster.com always quieries the top level nameservers for their dns...anywho, any idea how to switch cPanel to my licensed IP? Thanks! :)

4. Kerstin

Kerstin Well-Known Member

What you mean with licensed IP ? :rolleyes:

Is a dynamic IP not static always ?

#4 Kerstin, Jun 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  5. hexstar

hexstar Active Member

What I mean is, I have two static IPs, they are both assigned to the server for dns reasons...however only one of them (the .19 static IP) is licensed to run cPanel under and thus cPanel needs to run under that IP...I fixed the issue myself by reversing the IPs in my two network scripts and then doing rcnetwork restart, thanks for the replies! :)