Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How do I configure backups in WHM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pingo, May 29, 2003.

1. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

I temporarily have only one hard disk on a server (no second backup disk). When I choose 'Configure backup' in WHM, what should I write in the 'Backup Destination' field to have backups saved to a folder on this disk? - the default is /backup - so if I enable backups in WHM will a folder named backup be created on this single disk, and backups store there?

Sorry for my ignorance. I'm still new to linux and a little confused as to how it works. On the other servers I have a secondary drive and I only have to add /drive2, for instance, to have backups directed to that drive - not as in windows showing that it is another drive with C:, D:, F: etc.

Thanks
    John

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Host4u2

Host4u2 Well-Known Member

A second hard drive is Required for the backup feature/configuration.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks for responding Host4u2.

John

4. Host4u2

Host4u2 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, a 2nd hard drive is a great insurance policy one should have :D